Monday, March 12, 2007

The Events of the Day

So, in my English class, we're writing essays on a topic that can be argued. Seeing as how I want a good grade, I decided not to do my article on why Led Zeppelin is the most influential band in heavy metal history or why Bob Dylan's singing is so underrated. Instead, I'm doing my paper on the Separation of Church and State and how the First Amendment is so often misconstrued. I intend to put the entire paper on my blog when it is finished, but for now, I'll just say that the United States is in sad shape when a liberal lawyer can take any document and make it say what's convenient to him at the time. I think that it's ridiculous that while the Constitution says that the government will make no law respecting a religious institution, it seems as if we're going out of our way to deliberately disrespect Christianity in any way possible. Other religions are not affected...Buddhists, Muslims, and Mormons are minorities, so we won't bother them...well, I'm thoroughly infuriated for now, so please excuse me.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

hello. sounds like a kwl paper u r writing. it sounds interesting! cya